The Holidays are almost here and we all know what that means – booze, food, desserts, more food, and more desserts. Our diets and workouts go out the door. We will make any excuse in the book, but one excuse that you can’t make is that it costs too much. You don’t need a gym membership to get in a really good workout. I haven’t belonged to a gym in about 3 years now and I could not feel or look better!
Here are five ways that you can work out for FREE.
1. Running – one of the most effective and challenging workouts that I do. It is a mental workout to get myself out of bed to actually go run, but also very physical. I was never much of a runner, but once we had dogs, I decided to start running with the youngest one, and haven’t stopped.
It is not only a great stress reliever, calorie burner, and way for me to plan my day; but it gets my craziest puppy tired while we are gone all day. May My Run is also a great app to map out your route to see how far you ran. My goal is to run a marathon next October, so we will see how that goes!
2. Fitness Classes – if your employer has a wellness program try to take advantage of it. I work for a mid-size level company and each employee is reimbursed up to $250 a year if they have a physical. So, I am able to pay for most of my yoga and fitness classes that I take once a week.
3. Walking – if you are not a runner or just need to tone it down sometimes, then walking is a great way to do that. You can hike, walk in your neighborhood, control your pace, and walk your dogs at the same time.
4. Netflix or Cable – If you are already paying for Netflix or Cable you most likely have some workout classes as a part of your package. Many of the classes are short and divided up by category so you can take a class that really targets those trouble areas.
5. The Daily Hiit – The Daily Hiit started out as BodyRock and has slowly transformed into an amazing interval training program. Most are ONLY 12 minutes long, so perfect for those of us who are super busy! This is truly one of my favs. I have been using this program for 3 years and love it! They have so many fitness challenges on their website and via pinterest. This is definitely my #1 recommendation!
The above are just a few of the ways that we can work out for free or on a budget. When it comes to working out or living a healthier lifestyle there are truly NO excuses. You can find a way to fit it in (12 minutes) or tire out those doggies before they are cooped up all day (running). Where there is a Will there’s a Way!