I am not a fan of Black Friday. I did it once, years ago, and I will never do it again. I almost died in a mass group of woman wanting Nintendo games at Value City (now I sound old). I did not even get a good deal that day! So, from then on, I boycotted this “holiday” and will never give in! It is not for me and that is OK. I always say “to each their own”, and my “own” is not Black Friday shopping. Here is why…
1. It is dumb. End of story.
2. I hate crowds, but crowds of women who want to get a bargain is really scary. Us women are crazy, but we can be really terrifying when we have to get up early and really want that deal. Nothing can stop us.
3. I will just be irritated. I will be irritated at the crazy people, the horrible drivers, and the stuff that I did not get a good deal on because they were sold out.
4. I refuse to get less sleep than I am already getting with a 9 month old that is currently fighting an ear infection. Plus, my oldest will probably have a horrible stomach ache from all the crap that he will sneak on Thanksgiving day. So, this momma is getting no rest on Thursday night as is.
5. I can shop from the comfort of my home, or office, on Cyber Monday.
6. I am a year-long bargain shopper and I don’t need to get it all in on one day. I like to spread it out. Like a marathon (which I have never ran).
7. I feel like there are actually better, if not the same, deals a week before and leading up to Black Friday. I could just get those deals before the rush hits.
8. There is no material item that my family needs so badly that I would risk my life or give up hours worth of sleep for. None.
9. At the end of the day, I would rather have a lazy day after Thanksgiving. It is my official start of the Christmas Holiday. We put up our decorations, stay in our PJs, have hot cocoa and listen to Christmas music. I truly don’t have to worry about a thing, other than the 23 different ideas for “Flake” our Elf on the Shelf to appear 🙂
I would love to hear your comments on why you do or do not shop on Black Friday!